Google Chrome isn’t as simple as it looks. There are a lot more functionalities to it than it looks on the surface. In today’s article, we’’ discuss Chrome’s safe mode and how to enable it to ensure browsing security.
Why should you use Chrome’s safe mode?
Most of us are using anywhere from 3 to 10 extensions in Chrome at the same time. Enabling so many extensions slows the browser down and it may start crashing more often than it should.
Also, once you start using safe mode on Chrome, you’ll note that it works faster than before. Using safe mode in Chrome is also a lifesaver if you are using an old device. By enabling safe mode, you’ll get rid of extra resources that can slow the browser down on your device.
How do you enable Chrome’s safe mode?
To use the safe mode, you’ll need to open the browser in incognito mode. You should note here that when you use the incognito mode in Chrome, it automatically disables all the extensions and add-ons.
- To open an incognito mode in your browser on Mac, go to “File” and open a new “incognito window”
- To open an incognito mode in your browser on windows, simply click on the three-dots in the top right corner and open a “new incognito window” from the list.
Yes, we agree that using a browser without all the useful extensions and add-ons may not be feasible for us, that is why we’ll show you how to turn on the most useful (to you) extensions.
- Tap on the three dots in the corner.
- Open the “extensions” and with-in it, “more tools”
- Click on the “toggles” to turn on the desired extensions.
If you are using iOS,
- Open the app.
- In the new tab, click on the tab with glasses and hat on it.
- Or if you’re an Android user, open the new incognito ta by clicking on three dots in the bottom right corner.
Want to open incognito mode automatically?
- Copy the chrome browse.
- Go to “Properties”
- Select the “Shortcut” tab and in the “target field” add “-incognito” at the end of the line.
- Click “Apply”
- Press “cmd + space”
- Type in “script editor” and double click on it.
- In the black script bar, enter: do shell script “open -a Google\ Chrome –new –args -incognito”;
- Click “compile” or simply press the “hammer” icon
- Click “Run” to initiate the process
If you want a complete privacy solution for your iOS devices, download Tor Browser Private Web + VPN and get a complete cybersecurity solution for an affordable price.